Saturday, May 1, 2010

The beginning

I have decided to start this blog to help me deal with living with diabetes. I have realized that my husband and close friends have to deal with my rambling at times just so I can get things off my chest. While I have been told that they don't mind I thought it would be a good idea to have another place to express my feelings to help me deal with them. I have had diabetes for a year now (well at least have known that I have been diabetic for a year). I'm guessing that I had it for about 5-10 years without knowing. I have now made it my mission to make sure that I get things under control and take advice from my healthcare professionals seriously. Due to the fact that I am taking things seriously and trying to stick to a food and exercise plan that has been mapped out for me I find that the numbers don't always show my efforts. I have found myself in my husband's shoulder sobbing because I can not figure out why my numbers aren't going down. A lot of people think that diabetes is just a condition where you can't have sugar...big deal right? Wrong! I used to be one of those people that thought that way. I never had the best examples of how to take care of diabetes as well. This is a disease that changes your life, and not only changes, but at times controls it as well. There are times, such as now, where I feel I have lost control of my body. Feel free to follow along as I learn the journey ahead and how to live my life withought feeling as though I have lost control. If anyone has experiences they would like to share, please do. I just need a place to let things off my mind.

2 comments:

  1. it also touches the lives those around you- like that of your husband. anyone that thinks diabetes is a joke could not live an hour in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love, you make me strong to keep fighting even when I feel I have lost the battle before it has begun.

    ReplyDelete